This itinerary is best if you are looking for unique safari experience as it combines different, unusual activities such, Boat Cruise, the unique canoeing safari, village tour, game drives in search of 4 of the big 5. Of course, some of the activities are season dependent as lower Zambezi national park is best for water-based activities.
Cut out of the African forest; Kanyemba is a beautiful getaway in the Lower Zambezi, only two and a half hours from the metropolis city of Lusaka. Kanyemba’s excellent environment and vibe, the staff, the neighboring nature, skillful guiding, and breathtaking view, along with our famous cuisine will make your guests’ sense of Zambia’s companionship one never to forget! Kanyemba Lodge aims to provide a haven in which to enjoy the charm and ventures on offer in the Lower Zambezi. To catering for a maximum of 20 guests, the lodge includes six stone and thatch “rondavel” chalets, each with their sizeable private deck overlooking the Zambezi River, full ensuite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Huddled on the banks of the Zambezi, Kanyemba Lodge is constructed of natural substances, and the chalets mix in perfectly with the environment, providing extreme comfort in the warmer months and a very high level of privacy.
Besides, we offer a Family Unit which includes three individual suites – each with their unique en-suite bathrooms and entrance but sharing a large deck space. Stunning en-suite baths include state-of-the-art fixtures and bright mirror lighting, along with handcrafted, Zambian made amenities. Chalets also include walk-in closets with shelving, hanging rails, digital safe, and lots of room for accommodation. Tea and coffee facilities are presented in each room. All chalets have 220V power (mains with full generator backup), air conditioning, ceiling fans, and covering mosquito netting. While facing the river, the restaurant allows spacious & relaxed dining.
Upstairs, guests can relax and use the extensive library and lounge with a view opposite the river – the perfect place while away the evening! Each evening, visitors are managed to Kanyemba Lodge’s popular cuisine under the branches of a giant wild Mango Tree. With an Italian flavor, our team of cooks will wow your taste at the same time as the “Kanyemba Chorus” of hyena, frogs, and of course, the odd lion, will wow your mind. We also have a swimming pool beautifully situated on the banks of the river, with built-in benches that allow a retreat from the hotter hours of the day – while sipping a G&T and watching the elephants on the opposite bank.
- Activities include Angling, Walking safaris, Canoeing Safaris, Boating, Village walks, Banana Plantation tours, Sunset cruises, and Full Day Game Drives (see below)o Fishing (angling) is NOT available between 1st December and 1st March each year due to a Fishing Ban in place throughout Zambia.
- Other activities may not be available at certain times of the year due to limitations presented by the rainy season.
- It should be clear that, due to safety constraints, walking safaris and canoeing safaris have the least age of 12 years.
- Please ask for specific information about activities at the time of making your reservation if you would like to know more.
Game drives: We depart the lodge early morning for a boat ride (approx. 1 ½ hour) downstream to the base camp of Conservation Lower Zambezi (CLZ), where guests will transfer to our open-top game drive vehicle.
The full-day is spent in the National Park, exploring loops looking for 4 of the big 5 (elephant, buffalo, lion, and leopard), as well as a variety of herbivores and birds. After a picnic lunch, we rewind our way towards CLZ to transfer back to the boat for the trip back to the lodge (2 hours) – arriving around 6 pm.
Note that due to vegetation within the national park, our game drive vehicle has no shelter from the sun, so a long-sleeved shirt is recommended in all seasons.
• This is by request is only available to guests staying for a minimum of 3 nights
• Game Drive and National Park Fees are included for international guests. Minimum 2 pax.
• National Park roads are not accessible during the rains (closed mid-Nov to mid-April).
• There is a minimum age of 12 years to participate in National Park trips unless the vehicle is booked exclusively for one
Kanyemba Lodge at a glance.
• 20 beds, Six stone and thatch rondavels with en-suite bathroom, walk-in wardrobe, and large private veranda overlooking the Zambezi,1 thatched “family house” with three separate chalets under one roof, each room with private entrance, walk-in wardrobe, and en-suite bathroom. Common private veranda to enjoy the views across The Zambezi.
• All rooms air-conditioned,220V electricity (mains + standby generator) – all plug types
• Closed only in February and Children of all ages are welcome.
Day 1 – Meet & Greet /Transfer to Kanyemba Lodge
Assuming you arrive off your int flight at Lusaka airport, Meet & Greet by our representative who will then assist you with your luggage and transfer you to Kanyemba Lodge. It’s a friendly and adventurous transfer of about 3 Hrs.
Arrival and check in next afternoon tea, and you will go out for the afternoon Activity which can be a Boating or Sunset cruise and return to the lodge for dinner and bed.
Day 2 – Kanyemba Lodge in Lower Zambezi National Park
Today will start with breakfast in the morning followed by a morning activity which could be, Full day game drive looking for 4 of the big 5 or walking safari, Angling, Canoeing safaris, Boating, Village walks, Banana Plantation tours or Sunset cruises and return to the lodge for Lunch if its not a full day game drive. Relax time and then afternoon tea followed by the afternoon activity Boating, Sunset cruise and return to the lodge for dinner and bed.
Day 3 – Kanyemba Lodge in Lower Zambezi National park
Same as day 2 – Today will start with breakfast in the morning followed by a morning activity which could be, Full day game drive looking for 4 of the big 5 or walking safari, Angling, Canoeing safaris, Boating, Village walks, Banana Plantation tours or Sunset cruises and return to the lodge for Lunch if it’s not a full day game drive. Relax time and then afternoon tea followed by the afternoon activity Boating, Sunset cruise and return to the lodge for dinner and bed.
Day 4 – Transfer to Lusaka for onward Flight
Today you will start with breakfast, and depending on your flight time you may leave after lunch or morning activity/Lunch. The driver will pick you from there and transfer you to Lusaka International Airport in time for your flight. Please note that for international flight all passengers are supposed to be at the airport 2 hours before departure time for checking. Hence you leave early with the total of 5.5hrs (2hrs for Checking and 3.5hrs for road transfer).
- 3 Nights Ensuite Room Accommodation
- Any two Activities Per Day (Angling, Walking safaris, Canoeing Safaris, Boating, Village walks, Banana Plantation tours, Sunset cruises, and Full Day Game Drives)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Three Course Dinner)
- Snacks & Laundry Service
- Drinks from the Bar – (excluding imported wines/champagne)
- Two way Lusaka International Airport Transfers
- Visa Fees
- Travel & Medical Insurance
- Any Flights
- Anything of Personal Nature and not Specified in the itinerary