Luangwa Valley Frontier Safari
A 13 days safari through Luambe, North Luangwa, and South Luangwa National Parks Discover new and intriguing regions in these parks on a thirteen-day safari across the Luangwa Valley! Experience most of what Luambe National Park has to offer with the Luangwa Frontier Safari, which features the Luambe Camp.
Because road transfers to and from Luambe National Park have made the north more accessible, stay at Takwela Camp in North Luangwa completes this incredible trip. These two intimate camps provide a private and personal safari experience while taking in the natural splendour of the Luangwa Valley’s middle and northern regions and then end your safari with three nights in the Nsefu Sector of South Luangwa National Park.
- Day and Night Game Drive Safari
- Walking Safari and Big Cats
- South Luangwa and North Luangwa National Park
- Luambe National Park Exclusive Park with only two camps
- 12 nights’ Accommodation
- Dinner and Breakfast at Pioneer Lodge in Lusaka
- All Meals (breakfast, lunch and three-course dinner) while in Luambe, North and South Luangwa National Park
- Drinks at Luambe Camp and Takwela Camp
- 2 safari activities a day in Luambe, North and South Luangwa National Park
- All National Park fees & bed levies
- Laundry Service at Luambe Camp, Takwela Camp and Zikomo Safari Camp
- Return Lusaka – Mfuwe Domestic Flights
- All Mfuwe Airport & Intercamp Transfers
Arrival / Transfer to Pioneer Lodge, Lusaka
When you arrive at Lusaka International Airport (LUN), our staff will greet you and assist you with your luggage before transferring you to Pioneer Lodge in Lusaka and It will take approximately 20 minutes.
Then check-in, relax and spend the remainder of the afternoon at your leisure. You will spend one night in bed, having dinner and breakfast at Pioneer Lodge. Dinner will be served later in the evening, followed by bedtime.
Flight to Mfuwe in South Luangwa NP
After breakfast and check-out, the Pioneer Lodge driver will transfer you to Lusaka International Airport for your 1hr10min flight to Mfuwe.
When you arrive at Mfuwe airport, you will be met by a Luambe guide/driver who will take you on a 4-hour road transfer to Luambe Camp, where you will spend your first four nights.
After check-in, lunch will be served, followed by free time for relaxation. Later in the afternoon, you’ll have afternoon tea/coffee, then go on an afternoon/evening safari, return to the camp, relax, and have dinner before going to bed at your leisure.
Day 3 , 4 & 5
Full Days in Luambe National Park
You will have two full days in Luambe National Park to explore safaris on either a game drive or a walking safari.
Luambe Camp offers a Luangwa Valley experience reminiscent of the early days in the valley – remote and wild! With 4 spacious, ensuite safari tents, guests can enjoy a spectacular location beneath the trees on the banks of the Luangwa River.
One of only two camps in the entire park, your stay will ensure a very personal experience where you can be assured that you will have wildlife sightings all to yourself. Luambe Camp is the perfect end to this safari after exploring the frontiers in two magical parks.
Game Drive Transfer to Waka Waka Airstrip / Flight to Mwaleshi Airstrip North Luangwa
Breakfast is served and morning activity then you will transfered to Waka Waka Airstrip and then a Share Charter flight from Waka Waka to Mwaleshi Airstrip, at the airstrip you will be picked up and about 45min drive in 4×4 open vehicle + 5min canoe trip across Luangwa River + 5min walk to Takwela Camp, What an adventure.
Check in at Takwela Camp in North Luangwa National Park, where you will spend three more nights on an incredible Luangwa Safari.
Takwela Camp, in the breathtakingly unspoilt North Luangwa National Park, with only two chalets overlooking the Mwaleshi and Luangwa River confluence, is reached after a 4-hour road trip.
Later Lunch will be served and you will have some free time to rest before your afternoon safari adventure, after which you’ll return to the camp for dinner and goodnight.
Day 7 and 8
Safaris in North Luangwa National Park
In North Luangwa National Park, you will enjoy two full days. Takwela provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see an unknown part of the enormous North Luangwa wilderness up close and personal. Guests can enjoy both game drives and walking safaris to explore this gorgeous location, which features fantastic birding and wildlife sightings as well as natural springs close to the camp.
What to expect at Takwela Camp?
- Sunrise – Early morning hippo bellows and a friendly morning knock on the door welcome the new day.
- Breakfast – Relaxed breakfast around the campfire.
- Morning activity – 4-hour game drive or walking safari with a stop for morning tea.
- Midday lunch – Scrumptious buffet lunch with freshly grown greens from our garden.
- Early afternoon – Siesta time. Relax in camp, review your flora and fauna lists, count hippos or read on your verandah.
- Afternoon tea – Tea and coffee and tasty freshly baked cakes.
- Afternoon activity- 2.5 – 3hr evening walking safaris, returning before sunset / An evening game drive with a sundowner stop for drinks and snacks and then continuing with a spotlight after dark to see nocturnal animals.
- Sundowners – Enjoy pre-dinner drinks and delicious snacks by the Luangwa River.
- Dinner – Three-course meal by candlelight.
- Bedtime – Cotton sheets and expansive mosquito nets keep you comfortable while Luangwa lullabies of hippo laughs and hyena whoops carry you to sleep.
Transfer to Mwaleshi Airstrip then Shared Charter flight to Mfuwe Airport in South Luangwa
Breakfast will be served early this morning before departing Takwela Camp then transfer to the Airport in time for a short flight to mfuwe airport, where you will be welcomed and transfered to Zikomo Safari Camp, and you will spend your final three nights.
After checking in, you’ll be served lunch and have some free time to rest. You can go on an afternoon/night game drive or remain in and relax while enjoying the Luangwa River from your chalet, which is surrounded by wildlife.
Day 10 ,11 & 12
Full days in South Luangwa NP
You will enjoy two full days to explore South Luangwa National Park and go on two wildlife viewing safaris, one in the morning and one in the afternoon/night. In the morning, you can go on either a walking safari or game drive safari, and in the afternoon, you may go on a night game drive safari.
While on safari at Zikomo, you can take an optional excursion to Kawaza Cultural Village to learn about the traditions and culture of one of Zambia’s 73 tribes.
Local flight from Mfuwe to Lusaka
Breakfast is served in the morning, after which you will check out and then your guide will transfer you to Mfuwe airport in time for your flight to Lusaka.
Our representative will greet you upon your arrival in Lusaka and then help you in checking your luggage for your outbound international flight.
Where You'll Be Staying
Pioneer Lodge & Camp,
Luambe National Park
Southern Luambe National Park
North Luangwa National Park
Zikomo Safari Camp,
South Luangwa National Park (Nsefu Sector)
What's not included
Visa Fees & Personal Travel Insurance - International & Regional Flights - All Premium drinks at Luambe Camp, Kasikizi Bushcamp and Takwela Camp - All drinks from the bar at Zikomo Safari Camp and Pioneer Lodge - Private Vehicle & Guiding - Items of a personal nature & gratuities
Ready To Book This Safari?
The team at Absolute Zambia Safaris is here to help! Book your initial consultation with us and we’ll help you choose the best safari that meets your requirements.
Why Choose Absolute Zambia Safaris?
Absolute Zambia Safaris is a specialist in bespoke and private safaris in Zambia. Through our large safari operators, we proudly assist our guests in designing custom-made safaris.Find out more