This safari takes you to South Luangwa, one of Zambia's most famous parks. The Luangwa Valley, at the end of the Great Rift Valley, is one of Africa's few pristine wilderness areas and perhaps the most stunning wildlife sanctuary. “During the Emerald Season, the Luangwa Valley is at its most tension, with the Luangwa River currently gushing over into the filling lagoons. Boating into these flooded lagoons, ebony trees, and running currents allows you to see parts of the Valley that are generally inaccessible during this time of year.”
The Luangwa River is one of the few major rivers in Africa, if not the globe, that has not been developed into a hydropower dam. This river continues to increase each year, flooding into lagoons and channels, changing course and creating new pools, and thus creating a rich floodplain river system. Staying at the first camping site, Nsefu, founded in the 1950s, is a terrific opportunity for getting to the heart of the park during the flood. Luangwa River Camp, Nsefu & Nkwali Camps are the three sites from which you can access numerous Luangwa locations. Making your safari even more unforgettable and one-of-a-kind.
- River Safari in South Luangwa National Park
- Day and Night Game Drive Safari
- Walking Safari & Kawaza Village Tour
- Tribal Textiles tour (for souvenirs) & Chipembele Wildlife Orphanage visit.
Tips on activities on offer:
- Walking, game drives both day and night, Kawaza Village Tour, Tribal Textiles tour (for souvenirs), Chipembele Wildlife Orphanage visit.
Places Covered: South Luangwa National Park, Zambia