Interested in seeing a shoebill? This is your perfect Safari. Join us for this amazing trip that covers South Luangwa National Park, Kasanka National and the Bangweulu Wetlands (Swamps). On the hunt for the extraordinary shoebill, you will also see so much wildlife such as Elephants, Lions, Giraffes, and many other species as well as birds.
This is a must-do safari that combines South Luangwa National Park, Kasanka National Park, and Bangweulu Wetland. To enhance your experience, you will be led by one of the topmost Safari guides. You will start by spending few nights at Luangwa River camp in the famous South Luangwa National Park the group will fly to Kasanka National Park, you will see so many bird species that will be new to the safari and you will certainly see the Sitatunga within the swamps.
You will continue with your safari to the Bangweulu Swamps, which remains one of the special gems in Zambia – that boost superb birding from all the water birds to the endangered Crane elegantly strolling around the plains. Of course, the top attractions remain the extraordinary shoebill. During this time of the year, it is almost a sure sighting. This area also hosts the Tsessebe, buffalo and the Endemic Black Lechwe.
- South Luangwa: walking, game drives (day and night), Kawaza Village Tour, Tribal Textiles tour (for souvenirs), Chipembele Wildlife Orphanage visit
- Kasanka National Park: Walking, game drives and bird watching
- Bangweulu: Walking, game drives and bird watching
KEY FACTS OF SHOEBILL SAFARI
- Available dates: 15 June
- Country visited: Zambia
- National Parks: South Luangwa National Park, Kasanka National Park and Bangweulu Swamps
- Group Size; Minimum 4, maximum 6 guests
Places Covered; South Luangwa National Park, Kasanka National Park & Bangweulu Wetlands