A breathtaking camp on one of the South Luangwa’s prime river locations, perfect for a bird’s-eye view of the wildlife that the river and its lagoons attract.
There’s nothing quite like waking up at Chamilandu.
Early morning views don’t get much better than the rippling waters of the Luangwa River, the gentle rise of the Chindeni Hills and a vast African sky – especially when you’re lying in a four-poster bed in a handsome stilted tree-house. You don’t even need to leave your bed to see the wildlife – from your unique vantage point, you can watch as animals roam across the landscape, or swing through the trees above your head.
There are just three stilted chalets at this exclusive camp, set on the riverbank beneath a soaring ebony grove. Enjoy a sundowner from the comfort of the thatched bar and dining area, as you watch the wildlife do the same at the river.
Exceptional game viewing and understated elegance make Chamilandu a place to remember.
Location: Overlooking the Luangwa River and the Chindeni Hills, South Luangwa, Zambia (2 ¼ hours from Mfuwe Lodge)
- Season: Open from June to November
- Activities: Guided walking safaris; game drives (day and night); birdwatching
- Children: Children over 12 are welcome (under 12s welcome if a private camp is booked)
- Electricity: Solar power for lighting, battery charging facilities and hot water
- Accommodation: 3 raised tree-houses, each with a standing fan: 1 double (king-sized), – 2 twins (queen-sized)
- Co-ordinates: S 13°19.006′ – E031°38.342′
More details; https://bushcampcompany.com/bushcamps/chamilandu.php
Why Choose Absolute Zambia Safaris?
Absolute Zambia Safaris is a specialist in bespoke and private safaris in Zambia. Through our large safari operators, we proudly assist our guests in designing custom-made safaris.Find out more